10/02/2023 0 Comments
Drain Cleaning: Your Questions Answered
Countrywide drains Ltd. remains one of Ireland's most experienced drain cleaning companies. We have assisted domestic and commercial clients with everything from overflows to pipe blockages.
Throughout the existence of our company, we're constantly reminded of the importance of keeping your pipes clean. Any blockage can adversely affect a business's ability to trade. In a home environment, an overflowing drain can be extremely distressing. The best cure for pipe issues is regular pipe cleaning. Of course, most of our clients have questions regarding our drain cleaning services. Therefore we have added some of the most common questions below.
In Ireland, how much does drain cleaning cost?
The drain cleaning cost in Ireland can vary depending on various factors like location, the severity of the blockage, and the type of drain that needs to be cleaned. Please get in touch with us today for a no-obligation and fully customised drain cleaning quote.
Should I use drain cleaning products?
Whether or not to use drain cleaning products is a personal decision and can depend on several factors. In some cases, drain cleaning products can effectively clear minor clogs and keep drains flowing freely. However, it's essential to remember that these products can contain harsh chemicals that can be dangerous if not used properly, and they may also damage pipes or cause other problems if used too frequently.
In general, it's a good idea to use drain cleaning products as a last resort and only after other methods, such as a plunger or a drain snake, have failed. Please call us immediately if the blockage is severe or if you cannot clear it using traditional methods.
How often should drains be cleaned?
The frequency at which drains should be cleaned can vary depending on various factors, including the type of drain, the amount of usage, and the type of substances being drained. Here are some general guidelines:
· Kitchen sinks: Kitchen sinks tend to get clogged more frequently due to food particles and grease. It's a good idea to clean kitchen sinks every 6 to 12 months or more often if you notice a buildup of grease or other substances.
· Bathroom sinks, showers, and tubs: Bathroom drains can become clogged with soap scum, hair, and other debris. Cleaning these drains every 6 to 12 months is generally sufficient.
- Toilets: Toilets should be cleaned as needed, and you may need to have them cleaned more frequently if there are issues with slow draining or frequent clogging.
- Floor drains: Floor drains, such as those found in basements or garages, should be cleaned every 12 to 24 months or more often if you notice water backing up into the drain.
It's essential to keep in mind that these are just general guidelines, and the actual frequency of cleaning may vary depending on the specific circumstances of each drain. If you notice a problem with slow draining or frequent clogging, it may be a good idea to have your drains cleaned more often. Additionally, having your drains professionally cleaned regularly can help prevent severe blockages from forming, saving you money in the long run.
What are the signs of a clogged drain?
Clogged drains can be a significant inconvenience, but several signs can indicate a problem. Here are some common symptoms of clogged drains:
- Slow draining: If the water takes a long time to drain from sinks, toilets, or showers, this can signify a clog.
- Gurgling noises: If you hear gurgling sounds coming from your drains, this can be a sign that air is having trouble flowing freely through the pipes due to a blockage.
- Water backups: If water starts to back up into your sinks, showers, or toilets, this is a clear sign of a clog.
- Bad odours: A foul odour coming from your drains can indicate that there is a blockage that is trapping waste and causing it to decompose.
- Toilet overflow: If your toilet is frequently overflowing, this can indicate that the drain is clogged.
It's crucial to address clogged drains as soon as possible to prevent further problems. Ignoring the signs of a clogged drain can result in water damage, health hazards, and even more severe blockages that will require more extensive and expensive repairs.
Do you still have enquiries regarding drain cleaning? Then please call our offices today. We can answer your questions or organise a drain cleaning time that suits your property's schedule.